"I saw this elderly gentleman dining by himself, with an old picture of a lady in front of him. I though maybe I could brighten his day by talking to him.
As I had assumed, she was his wife. But I didn’t expect such an interesting story. They met when they were both 17. They dated briefly, then lost contact when he went to war and her family moved. But he said he thought about her the entire war. After his return, he decided to look for her. He searched for her for 10 years and never dated anyone. People told him he was crazy, to which he replied “I am. Crazy in love”. On a trip to California, he went to a barber shop. He told the barber how he had been searching for a girl for ten years. The barber went to his phone and called his daughter in. It was her! She had also been searching for him and never dated either.
He proposed immediately and they were married for 55 years before her death 5 years ago. He still celebrates her birthday and their anniversary. He takes her picture with him everywhere and kisses her goodnight.
Some inspiring things he said;
"I was a very rich man. Not with money, but with love"
"I never had a single argument with my wife, but we had lots of debates"
"People are like candles. At any moment a breeze can blow it out, so enjoy the light while you have it."
"Tell your wife that you love her everyday. And be sure to ask her, have I told you that I love you lately?"
Be sure to talk to the elderly. Especially strangers. You may think that you will brighten their day, but you may be surprised that they can actually brighten yours.”
This is beautiful.
- ihavelovedthestars likes this
- gimmiedathobobutt reblogged this from proudtobeabadger
- dustbunny88 reblogged this from piercethesleppingwiskeyhands
- dogrising likes this
- shintarosbooty-chan reblogged this from spongeintheocean
- xerorain likes this
- theyscreambria reblogged this from overdosedonpoetry
- theyscreambria likes this
- asjama likes this
- issuedqueen likes this
- fandombatched likes this
- whoababy39 reblogged this from psychodeliccc
- j-bear-93 likes this
- evenforeverdoesntlastforlong reblogged this from jenikittymonster
- southernbellepunk reblogged this from mylifebeliek
- southernbellepunk likes this
- wouldve-married-you-in-vegas likes this
- trapobell likes this
- fashionistaaaforever likes this
- lame-n-insane reblogged this from psychodeliccc
- lame-n-insane likes this
- mediwart reblogged this from addictedtolvst
- ayyfwm likes this
- jenikittymonster reblogged this from foreverweshall
- im-a-bush reblogged this from deefizzy
- kawaiisomsing likes this
- tiny-adri reblogged this from carolinaayelen
- pastelsmeow likes this
- pastelsmeow reblogged this from ddaebakk
- flowerchildfaerie reblogged this from ugly
- flowerchildfaerie likes this
- sakurita94 likes this
- mylifebeliek reblogged this from moonstoners
- justaperfectdaay likes this
- asiannmonster likes this
- amerlinalynn likes this
- smandham reblogged this from mattdenis214
- smandham likes this
- moonstoners reblogged this from psychodeliccc
- moonstoners likes this
- alyanna23 reblogged this from wuvablemeh
- vinnyleeonline reblogged this from california-luxe
- vinnyleeonline likes this
- uhahoney likes this
- stylinsonsmile1 likes this
- alma-isabel-92995 reblogged this from tildacoon
- sillykareeen likes this
- llorangejuicell reblogged this from deefizzy
- identityconstellations likes this
- hollowsouleater reblogged this from cartel