"I saw this elderly gentleman dining by himself, with an old picture of a lady in front of him. I though maybe I could brighten his day by talking to him.
As I had assumed, she was his wife. But I didn’t expect such an interesting story. They met when they were both 17. They dated briefly, then lost contact when he went to war and her family moved. But he said he thought about her the entire war. After his return, he decided to look for her. He searched for her for 10 years and never dated anyone. People told him he was crazy, to which he replied “I am. Crazy in love”. On a trip to California, he went to a barber shop. He told the barber how he had been searching for a girl for ten years. The barber went to his phone and called his daughter in. It was her! She had also been searching for him and never dated either.
He proposed immediately and they were married for 55 years before her death 5 years ago. He still celebrates her birthday and their anniversary. He takes her picture with him everywhere and kisses her goodnight.
Some inspiring things he said;
"I was a very rich man. Not with money, but with love"
"I never had a single argument with my wife, but we had lots of debates"
"People are like candles. At any moment a breeze can blow it out, so enjoy the light while you have it."
"Tell your wife that you love her everyday. And be sure to ask her, have I told you that I love you lately?"
Be sure to talk to the elderly. Especially strangers. You may think that you will brighten their day, but you may be surprised that they can actually brighten yours.”
This is beautiful.
- beatofmy-drum likes this
- 0l-dirty-bitch reblogged this from bananas-gonna-be-yellow
- xxxrickyolson likes this
- lindsaywithane reblogged this from consultinggallifreyanwinchester
- up-in-smoke-girl reblogged this from shady-winchester
- fadedlikethelilac likes this
- not-the-same-never-going-back likes this
- realeyescanseereallies likes this
- realeyescanseereallies reblogged this from minivampire
- istandonthetopfloor likes this
- srndn likes this
- immaturegeorgie likes this
- thewinchestersandtheirangel reblogged this from martin-j-christopher-freeman
- tiptoe-through-thetulips reblogged this from minivampire
- zeldaphoenix reblogged this from minivampire
- minivampire reblogged this from crucify-my-ex
- minivampire likes this
- elloimbatman reblogged this from lol-esbian
- elloimbatman likes this
- thewinchestersandtheirangel likes this
- strawberryblondi likes this
- bananas-gonna-be-yellow reblogged this from shady-winchester
- shady-winchester reblogged this from timetraveldean
- anditscontagio-us likes this
- pintsizedfangirl likes this
- xxknightofspacexx reblogged this from horde-of-books-and-soda-cans
- xxknightofspacexx likes this
- trippycee reblogged this from fuckxyanissa
- trippycee likes this
- entcolvale likes this
- frekalud likes this
- luciole-dans-la-nuit likes this
- foreverinmyheart123 likes this
- animebunnie-chan reblogged this from fallautumns
- animebunnie-chan likes this
- morganmarie007 likes this
- mymindismymeadow reblogged this from kissmysass94
- hazelandaugustusinthetardis likes this
- hazelandaugustusinthetardis reblogged this from eldertwelvecupsofcoffee
- mycrazyphenomenallove reblogged this from eldertwelvecupsofcoffee
- ohsnapperz reblogged this from onyxstix
- pocketfullofwin reblogged this from dragon-training-demigod-wizard
- jonasbrothers-fanblog likes this
- eldertwelvecupsofcoffee reblogged this from adam-scott-kaplan
- souplion likes this
- uzunaru999 likes this
- nostalgiaatnight reblogged this from ldyz13
- david-tennants-hair-tho reblogged this from queen-sahar-15
- david-tennants-hair-tho likes this
- dragon-training-demigod-wizard reblogged this from brah-do-you-even-lift