"I saw this elderly gentleman dining by himself, with an old picture of a lady in front of him. I though maybe I could brighten his day by talking to him.
As I had assumed, she was his wife. But I didn’t expect such an interesting story. They met when they were both 17. They dated briefly, then lost contact when he went to war and her family moved. But he said he thought about her the entire war. After his return, he decided to look for her. He searched for her for 10 years and never dated anyone. People told him he was crazy, to which he replied “I am. Crazy in love”. On a trip to California, he went to a barber shop. He told the barber how he had been searching for a girl for ten years. The barber went to his phone and called his daughter in. It was her! She had also been searching for him and never dated either.
He proposed immediately and they were married for 55 years before her death 5 years ago. He still celebrates her birthday and their anniversary. He takes her picture with him everywhere and kisses her goodnight.
Some inspiring things he said;
"I was a very rich man. Not with money, but with love"
"I never had a single argument with my wife, but we had lots of debates"
"People are like candles. At any moment a breeze can blow it out, so enjoy the light while you have it."
"Tell your wife that you love her everyday. And be sure to ask her, have I told you that I love you lately?"
Be sure to talk to the elderly. Especially strangers. You may think that you will brighten their day, but you may be surprised that they can actually brighten yours.”
This is beautiful.
- mind-like-a-diamond likes this
- magnusbanesdauntlesscake likes this
- spooky-boof-boof likes this
- foreveryoungbubble reblogged this from kissychii
- minnimintchocolatechip reblogged this from human
- goldenglitterg likes this
- goldenglitterg reblogged this from human
- thrash4ever likes this
- spaceasaur likes this
- lightsonafterdark reblogged this from kopikala
- what-is-this-fuckerry reblogged this from emptyingpens
- dasistdaswasichimmerschonwollte reblogged this from prinzpi-aus-prinzip and added:
- snake-bit likes this
- snake-bit reblogged this from tooyoungtodietoohurttolive
- dasistdaswasichimmerschonwollte likes this
- dannysauce reblogged this from sabor-a-psycho
- dannysauce likes this
- m-ellows-hallow likes this
- youlackfaith reblogged this from xxxxmieowzzzz
- yuminica likes this
- amiebaaby likes this
- reishake likes this
- insomniaaddict17 reblogged this from pinkfeiry
- babaengtagaibangplaneta likes this
- magmamahalpasayo likes this
- hereisbelinda reblogged this from human
- hereisbelinda likes this
- live-love-and-listen reblogged this from coffeenelly
- live-love-and-listen likes this
- armynarvyyy likes this
- flowerbombzzz likes this
- ribcagekitten reblogged this from dreamolita
- unknowntonight reblogged this from taydrizzy
- taydrizzy reblogged this from human
- misssparkeling89 likes this
- matamisnababae likes this
- sirazriel likes this
- 0-427 reblogged this from fleurdeliezt
- dinangbato reblogged this from coffeenelly
- dinangbato likes this
- originalityassasinates likes this
- justarandompotato reblogged this from emptyingpens
- natylladevainilla likes this
- fallingphoenixfeathers reblogged this from collidewithluigi
- rogersgeorgiaxo likes this
- sickboii310 likes this
- shalriy-the-husky-freak reblogged this from lysa44
- wronggrammarihave likes this
- anonyymiss likes this
- makingusernameshurts reblogged this from huntingdemonswiththewinchesters